Why I wrote this book


All through my childhood I always had a passion for the paranormal. Ghost stories and horror films were a favourite of mine, the scarier, the better. Nightmare on elm street is my all time favourite horror film and a partial inspiration when it came to writing this book, though it definitely doesn't feature a sadistic murderer adorning a glove armed with razors.
I really wanted to write a ghost story and a plot formed in my mind of a sleepy village, with ancient secrets and spooky mist filled nights. As with all of my books, the plot doesn't quite stay on track and this one is no exception. There are ghosts, with a little magic and even a few zombies (not the gooey kind with a ravenous appetite for human flesh) thrown into the mix. Plenty of plot twists are there to keep you guessing, (and me, since I don't usually realise until I'm halfway through) along with a humorous character or two, and even a budding romance.
 I had a lot of fun writing this book and it brought back a heap of childhood memories of when I used to write ghost stories for school homework and even coursework when it came to secondary school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excerpt from the book

Survival